So it’s that time of the month again! I cannot believe we are going into October and the cold months already! September has been a great month for me, with trips to Italy and to Budapest, spending time with friends and family and making the most of the rest of my summer before heading into my final year of university. So here is what I have been loving this month.
- First up is Rimmel’s 60 Second Nail Polish in the colour Lose Your Lingerie. This is a very pale pink colour which is really pretty, but the reason I’ve loved it so much is it’s lasting power. I genuinely don’t think I’ve had a standard nail varnish which has lasted so long. It actually lasted 2 weeks before it got to the stage where it needed to come off. Yes, it had definitely chipped before then, but not enough for me to feel that it looked messy and needed to be removed. You can usually get away with chipped nail varnish for longer when it’s a lighter colour, but I was so impressed with this product considering my nails normally look a mess after only a few days.
- I’ve also been loving Grounded Body Scrubs. They are exfoliating coffee scrubs which buff away dead skin and keep you moisturised. Just get your skin wet in the shower, cover yourself in the scrub and leave on for 10 minutes before washing it off. I had a sample size of the Chocolate Orange scent which smelt absolutely incredible as well as doing such a good job on my skin. I tend to get dry flakey skin especially around my waist and this scrub solved that and left my skin feeling so smooth. I loved the product so much that I had to purchase more, so I decided to try the coconut scent this time. As well as on their website here you can also purchase their products from Boots.
- The next item was a proper treat to myself. I had money left on the way home from Budapest, and seeing as Hungary have their own currency that I wouldn’t be using again, I decided that it would be a better investment to spend it at Duty Free rather than bringing it home and getting it changed back for hardly anything (that was my excuse anyway ha!). So I ended up buying something that I’ll probably never get to purchase again- a Chanel lipstick! I got the shade 438 Suzanne in the Rouge Coco range, and it’s such a beautiful colour. It’s hydrating so won’t dry my lips out which is useful for me as I’m prone to dry lips. This will definitely be a lipstick which comes out for special occasions!
- A bit of promotion for my very talented singer-songwriter friend here. Shanna Towner released her first EP ‘Everything Changes’ this month and I absolutely love it. She’s written all the songs herself and her voice sounds amazing. I got to visit her in the studio one of the days, so it’s so special hearing the songs knowing all the work that went into them behind the scenes. Please support her and have a listen to her songs because they really are good and it would mean the world to her. You can find links to her EP here: iTunes Spotify Amazon Facebook
- Bastille- Wild World. The band released their new album this month, and after I loved the lead single Good Grief I was expecting great things. It’s such a great album that I’ve been loving, although I haven’t had enough full listens to decide on favourite tracks yet.
- Sia- The Greatest. I absolutely love Sia’s music and her latest single is no exception. I’m just waiting for her to finally come and tour the UK because she is someone that I need to see live!
And the Others…
- Zoella Lifestyle- I’m so in love with Zoe Sugg’s new range of products! I’ve gone out and bought the diffuser in the scent ‘Seaside Stroll’ which is so fresh and I get such a lovely smell of it every time I walk into my bedroom. I’m excited to try some of the other products in the range, and I’ll sure be purchasing the Gingerbread Village scent as we approach Christmas for a festive touch.
- A very random one but… coffee! It’s strange because I never used to like coffee at all and I couldn’t even stand the smell. But in the past couple of years or so, I’ve come to love it (as long as it’s milky like a latte, can’t deal with anything strong!) and this month it’s been a bit of a saviour for me. On Saturday mornings I now start work at 7am, which is especially difficult when I haven’t been at uni for months so have not had many super early mornings at all. I don’t have time for a coffee before I leave so I struggle through the first couple of hours until my first break, in which I have one from the machine and it literally helps me so much haha! It gives me some life and now I wonder how I ever did early mornings without it.
So that’s my September favourites! What have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments below.
I hope you’re all having a lovely week, and I’ll be back with another post soon! Thank you as always for reading.