Sorry I’m a bit rubbish with regular updates at the moment but all this university work is getting in the way which sucks. But I’m trying my best to blog when I’ve got the time time. I hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn’t eat too much chocolate!
I saw this tag on ‘beckinablog’ and you can find her great blog here: beckinablog I thought it looked a fun tag to do for today’s post so here we go…
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Usually just once at night unless my skin is particularly bad then I’ll often wash my face in the morning too
2. What skin type do you have?
Combination pretty much. I’d say it’s more dry but it’s also spot prone which is very frustrating! I try to sort my spots out and cover them up with make-up but these things make my skin even more dry and show up the dry patches so it seems I can’t win here
3. What is your current face wash?
Currently I’m using Simple moisturising facial wash
4. Do you exfoliate?
Yes I use the Simple smoothing facial scrub at least once a week, and if my skin is looking especially dry. With my dry skin it’s become an essential part of my skin care routine.
5. Which brand do you use?
I’m using Simple products for my face mostly at the moment, but I do often change depending on how my skin is and what I can find at the time.
6. What moisturizer do you use?
I use Garnier Moisture Match for dry to very dry skin every morning. Every other night I apply Clean & Clear dual action moisturiser which helps to prevent spots (the other nights I use a spot cream but I have to alternate the nights to prevent my skin getting dried out from this product)
7. Do you have freckles?
Yep on my nose but they only tend to come out in summer
8. Do you use eye cream?
I have been using a free tester of Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream but unfortunately this has pretty much run out now. I am looking for an eye cream to buy but I haven’t found one yet so if anyone has any recommendations then please comment them below
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes unfortunately! I’m one of these teenagers who feels as though my skin will never clear up but I’m hoping it will start to soon!
10. Did you ever had to use Pro-Activ?
I haven’t used it but I do use Duac
11. What foundation do you use?
Rimmel Lasting Finish full coverage foundation
12. What concealer do you use?
Rimmel Wake Me Up.
13. Do you know your undertone color?
Nooo I’m rubbish with things like this. I should probably find out
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Personally I don’t ever wear them. I only have once and that was for my prom when the woman doing my make-up put them on for me, and even those were pretty natural looking. I’m happy just wearing mascara.
15. Do you know that you’re supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes I often lose track of how long I’ve been using mine for though woops
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
I tend to change my mascara often but at the moment I’m using Maybelline Volume Express
17. Sephora or Mac?
I’ve never used Sephora plus I love MAC, so definitely has to be MAC
18. Do you have a Mac Pro-card?
Nope I don’t
19. What makeup tools do you use in make-up application?
Just brushes for some parts of my make-up but I also prefer to apply foundation and concealer with my fingers as I feel like I have more control over it
20. Do you use a makeup base or primer for your eyes?
I usually apply my normal primer around my eyes but I don’t have a specific eye primer
21. Do you use a makeup primer?
Yes I use the Rimmel Lasting Finish primer. It definitely makes my make-up stay on for longer during a busy day.
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow color?
I always use nude eyeshadow colours, and I love a brown.
23. Do you use a pencil or a liquid eyeliner?
Always liquid now. When I was younger I always just used a pencil, but I’ve had plenty of practice with a liquid liner now. I only occasionally use a pencil to line my waterline.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Luckily not often at all, but I probably will now that I’ve said this!
25. What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
I don’t think I’ve ever used them so I can’t have an opinion on them
26. Do you use mineral makeup?
Nope not really.
27. What is your favorite lipstick?
Nothing can beat a MAC lipstick. I’m currently switching between Please Me and Midimauve which are both amazing colours.
28. How about lipgloss?
I used to always wear lipgloss but as I’ve got older I’ve moved to preferring lipstick definitely. I find lipgloss is often too sticky and my hair just gets into it on a windy day. I prefer the bold colours of lipstick now.
29. What is your favorite blush to use?
I don’t use blush
30. Do you buy makeup on ebay?
Nope make-up is one of those things that I never really buy online because I like to actually try it or at least look at it in the shop first
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Pretty much all my make-up is drugstore so yes haha! I don’t spend loads on make-up and the products I buy I’m usually happy with
32. Do you go to CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlets)?
I’ve never heard of these so I’m not sure we have them!
33. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes I seem to make a mess most days so I always have make-up wipes handy! Something’s always uneven or smudges. It always seems to happen when I’m in a rush too which his very annoying!
34. Name a makeup crime you hate.
One thing I see recently is when people do a bad job of their eyebrows and they’re farrrrr too thick!
35. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, blush, etc.) or neutral ones?
I like neutral for my eye make-up but bring in colour with my lip
36. What celebrity always wears great makeup?
I can’t think of anyone in particular right now but I’m generally always jealous of how good celebrities make-up look. I definitely need a make-up artist haha!
37. If you could leave the house using just one makeup item, what would you choose?
I can’t go out without foundation, I need some coverage! However I also feel naked without eyeliner on.
38. Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes I have done at times but I always feel more comfortable if I at least have some foundation or coverage
39. In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
I’ll have to say Rimmel as this is always my ‘go-to’ brand when I’m looking for new make-up
40. What do you think of make up?
I love it. On days where I’m not rushing to do it, I actually enjoy applying it and trying different looks. I always find buying and trying new products for the first time very exciting. And I love reading blogs on make-up.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers in this post. I nominate anyone who hasn’t done this tag already that would like to!