It’s the end of another month, so it’s time to share some of my favourite things from the past 31 days.
- I’m absolutely loving matte lipcolours at the moment. They last for so long, even when eating and drinking, which is perfect for days out. My favourite this month has been Martha Moo from Tanya Burr Cosmetics. It’s such a pretty colour and has really good staying power, so I’ve been wearing it most days since I bought it.
- I’ve heard so many people raving about the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer that I had to give it a try… And it is incredible! It’s probably the best concealer I’ve used for covering up my blemishes, and it costs only £4.19 from Boots & Superdrug.
- I love using bronzer in the summer months to give my pale skin a summer glow. I have been using the Rimmel Natural Bronzing Powder which does the job without making me looking orange. I actually got this bronzer for free a little while ago, as there was an offer at the time as I was buying other Rimmel products, but it only costs £5.99 anyway. Plus, it has SPF 15 in which is always a bonus when you’re going out in the sun.
- I have been looking for a jumpsuit for ages now, but I’ve never found one that fits me well. Finally I’ve found one that I love, and it was only £13 from Primark. I love the pattern on it and because it has sleeves, it will be good to wear at home as well as on holiday.
- The black shorts were only £10 in the sale from H&M. They’re such a comfortable fit, and they’re so versatile because they will go with so many different tops. They can definitely be worn to dress up and go out!
- The sandals were £15 from Forever 21 and I thought they’d be really good for my holiday walking around Italy. They seem really comfortable but are really fashionable too. Even better- they were on Buy One Get One Free so I bought a different pair of sandals too for no extra cost.
I’ve struggled to find anything new for this month, as music that I’ve been loving has actually been around for longer than the past month, rather than being released in July. But here are a few summer songs I’ve had on repeat this month:
Bastille- Good Grief
M.O- Who Do You Think Of?
Clean Bandit & Louisa Johnson- Tears
Calvin Harris & Rihanna- This Is What You Came For
- How To Get Away With Murder- my brother and I have been watching this together so it’s taken us longer than usual to finish the season, but we’ve finished the first one and are now desperate for Netflix to upload the 2nd season because it’s ended on such a cliffhanger! The series has been so gripping and interesting so if you haven’t watched it I would definitely recommend it!
- Celebrity Masterchef- I’m such a foodie and I love watching this show with all the different challenges and seeing what people cook. The final was on Friday so it’s now over but I’ve enjoyed watching another series.
- Gossip Girl- I’ve finally been watching it! It’s something I’ve been meaning to watch for a long time because it’s completely the kind of programme I love and I’m absolutely loving it. I’m on the second season so still have plenty of episodes left to watch.
- All my birthday celebrations! My night out with my friends, meals out, my birthday itself and my birthday trip to London were all so much fun- I was spoilt! (read all about my birthday and the presents I received here: What I Got For My Birthday
- Seeing Joseph in the last week of the UK tour in Southampton. If you read my blog post a few months ago (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Musical- UK Tour review) then you’ll know that I’d already seen the show, but it’s absolutely incredible and I’m a big Joe McElderry fan as it is, but the whole cast were so talented and the show was so much fun. And Lucy Kay (the narrator) was so sweet to me this day, she’s lovely. Theatres are promoting Joe as doing the tour again next year, and it’s coming very close to me so it looks like I’ll be lucky enough to experience it again!
- I am loving my Fitbit Alta I received for my birthday. As I talked about in my birthday blog post, I’d wanted one for ages so I’m so happy I finally have it.
- Youtube!- I’ve never been much into watching Youtube videos but this month I’ve really got into some Youtubers and watching their vlogs. Zoella and Tanya Burr are definitely my favourites.
So there we go, that’s my July favourites! I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend, and let’s see what August brings us!